- BTEC Diploma – Merit/ Merit in a relevant subject
- A Levels – DD, to include at least one A Level in Mathematics, Science, Physical Education or Psychology but excluding General Studies.
- The university requires a minimum of 3 GCSEs including Mathematics and English at grade C or grade 4 or above or their equivalent.
- Consideration is given to individual circumstances, if you do not meet the above, please speak with a member of the education and learning team who may be able to offer a solution or alternative pathway qualification.
Units Year 1
- Introduction to sports coaching Introduction to sports science for coaching Introduction to sports development
- Sports development in practice
- Managing sport
- Sports development and practice
Units Year 2
- Project management
- Sport placement (double module)
- Community sports development
- Physical education and school sport
- Sports coaching and leadership
To find the full course breakdown, please download our prospectus:
Students have the opportunity to gain experience across multiple programmes within Shrewsbury Town FC Foundation, ranging from Football & Participation, Business Administration, Media & Marketing, and Health & Wellbeing.
Each student on the degree programme will be required to complete placement hours.
Our Education Mentors will help students progress and set personal goals whilst studying with us. Upon successful completion of your degree, you will receive information, support and guidance on a variety of aspects to support you in securing employment. Students may also gain full time employment within Shrewsbury Town FC.